How to Clean and Prevent Soap Scum Buildup On Privacy Shower Glass
Like all things in life, privacy shower glass gets dirty over time. It is easy to tell when glass gets dirty, and soap scum buildup on glass showers looks unsightly and is difficult to remove the longer you let it sit. Continue reading to learn tips and tricks to help you effectively clean and prevent soap scum buildup on your privacy shower glass.
Causes of Soap Scum Buildup
Hard water, soap and shampoo residue, body oils, and dead skin cells all contribute to soap scum buildup on privacy shower glass. One of the best ways to maintain glass showers is by cleaning them regularly. Keep reading to learn what you need to clean soap scum.
Materials Needed for Cleaning
You will need white vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice, a microfiber cloth or sponge, and a squeegee to clean an opaque glass shower.
Step-by-Step Cleaning Instructions
Follow this step-by-step guide to clean your privacy shower glass:
- Mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. You can also add a few drops of lemon juice to boost its cleaning power.
- Spray the cleaning solution onto the glass, ensuring you have good coverage.
- Use a microfiber cloth or sponge to scrub the glass and focus most on any areas with heavy soap scum buildup.
- Rinse the glass with water and remove all traces of the vinegar cleaning solution.
- Use a squeegee to remove the water and prevent water spots and streaks on your privacy shower glass.
Preventing Soap Scum Buildup
Prevention is the key to soap scum buildup on privacy shower glass. Follow these cleaning tips to save yourself time and energy in the future:
- Use a daily shower spray and apply it soon after you shower.
- Wipe down the privacy shower glass with a squeegee or microfiber cloth.
- Install a water softener to reduce the mineral buildup in your water.
- Switch to a soap-free body wash to reduce the amount of soap residue in your shower.
Keep your opaque glass shower looking clean every day by taking preventative measures to reduce soap scum buildup and remember to wipe down the glass every time you shower. If you ever need to replace your privacy shower glass, call and schedule an appointment with Community Glass and Mirror.